Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith
(08-25-2017, 01:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is it? Why is stopping the run a prerequisite to rushing the passer?

The thing the Bengals have lacked more of in recent years has been pass rush outside of Dunlap and Atkins, so that's why many fans want better pass rushers.

Also, since I don't have access to it, could someone who pays for PFF premium look up MJ's and Clarke's run defense ratings from the last 1-2 years? If it's solid, it means their pass rush was absolutely abysmal to rate in the low 40's overall.
I'd guess their run defense hasn't been that good either, thus resulting in their very poor ratings.

The cover story for MJ the last couple of seasons has been he's still good against the run. Which really means he's lost his effectiveness, what little he had anyways. MJ had one good season what was it 2012 ? He's been trailing off ever since, especially since he came back he's been very average at absolute best !

I hope we get to see Smith against the 1st's Sunday, then we'll get a little better idea. Right now I'm all for cutting both MJ and Clarke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - kevin - 08-24-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - bengalfan74 - 08-25-2017, 01:41 PM