Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith
(08-25-2017, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chris Carter also was slotted as a LB then IIRC, so it's really not the same to Smith. Carter and Lawson is probably a better comparison for how they could be used, but Lawson is more talented than Carter.

Regarding 2014 itself, the Bengals were last in the NFL in sacks (20.0) and 11th in points allowed per game (19.8), so perhaps if they actually used Carter properly and more often, they could have had more wins and maybe gotten over that playoff hump. Plus, MJ wasn't even on the roster in 2014 so if you're trying to use 2014 run defense as a justification for keeping MJ, well that point is moot.

I'm not arguing about keeping anyone. I'm just flat out saying you have to stop the run before you rush the passer that's basic football. 

If you want high amount of sacks you have to put a clamp on the run game to force 3rd and longs and score points to force teams to throw more to catchup....it's the same thing with INTs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - kevin - 08-24-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - Synric - 08-25-2017, 02:23 PM