Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study: Breitbart-led right-wing media ecosystem altered broader media agenda
(08-25-2017, 08:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: MFW someone mocks you for calling Huffington Post the "Breitbart of the left" and then posts a study that essentially confirms my assertion.  Thank you my friend! ThumbsUp

You are aware of my feelings on HuffPo, but I have to share this from the article:
Quote:Notes: In the above clouds, the nodes are sized according to how often they were shared on Twitter (Fig. 1) or Facebook (Fig. 2). The location of nodes is determined by whether two sites were shared by the same Twitter user on the same day, representing the extent to which two sites draw similar audiences. The colors assigned to a site in the map reflect the share of that site’s stories tweeted by users who also retweeted either Clinton or Trump during the election. These colors therefore reflect the attention patterns of audiences, not analysis of content of the sites. Dark blue sites draw attention in ratios of at least 4:1 from Clinton followers; red sites 4:1 Trump followers. Green sites are retweeted more or less equally by followers of each candidate. Light-blue sites draw 3:2 Clinton followers, and pink draw 3:2 Trump followers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study: Breitbart-led right-wing media ecosystem altered broader media agenda - Belsnickel - 08-25-2017, 08:42 PM