Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study: Breitbart-led right-wing media ecosystem altered broader media agenda
(08-25-2017, 11:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That graphic right there is the main example of why the whole "fake news" and "media vs people" and all that jazz was able to catch so much traction. The top three news groups all leaned left, as do 6 of the top 7.

The disparity allowed such an Us vs Them stance against the media to succeed.

I think is where one of Clinton's main flaws in her campaign is shown. (Other than the fatal flaw of neglecting to spend time in a couple states she thought she would auto-win.) It seemed when Trump was talking, he was talking about Hillary's scandals, or his policies (regardless of how well thought out they may or may not be). It felt like Hillary often talked about Trump, and Trump, thinking if she just pointed out that he was Trump enough, no sane country would elect him.

That meant that there really wasn't any policy stances of hers that were well known or polarizing, allowing the voting base to get behind her on it. If you asked a random person what Trump's stance on immigration is, everyone could answer. If you did that with Hillary, could most of them? I feel the same was for a lot of her stances. I really wasn't sure other than her wanting to make a ton of jobs in renewable/solar energy (which is why that was her most covered positive thing). She spent too much time trying to focus on Trump, and let her biggest strength (experience) be overshadowed by not making strong proclamations on what her policies would be, to let people get motivated to vote for her. Leading to a meh turnout.

Trump successfully attacked her while getting his message out (regardless of how he's followed through on it or how much BS some of it was), Clinton didn't.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Interesting thread. ThumbsUp

Six of the top seven twitter shares, not users. I doubt the hill has more users than Fox News or NBC news when you're lumping in viewers, too.

I've seen a few polls that backup the thinking that most voters (people who have voted in the last decade or so) rely on print or television as their primary news source. Twitter shares is interesting, but likely holds little relevance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study: Breitbart-led right-wing media ecosystem altered broader media agenda - Benton - 08-26-2017, 09:21 AM