Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross tries to cool expectations
I'm not in the least worried about his size. Plenty of big men get injured and wash out early.  I'm guessing the reason he's been injured as much as he has is just plain exposure. The more often you're on the field the more chances of getting injured and he was on the field in college a lot both O AND D. 
The Bengals aren't going to be having him play the CB position or safety and probably won't have him playing the gunner role too often.. This is a guy who if he pans out will most likely just be catching the ball 99% of the time.. He doesn't have to be 6'4" and 230 lbs to do that.. 
As far as his comments, it looks to me that he's simply acknowledging that he's not the only real fast guy out there and the difference between a 4.22 40 and 4.30 is .08 seconds.. That's the length of someone's nose running full speed..
I ran track in school and was pretty darn fast, but I meet guys who could run faster backwards than I could forward and got really embarrassed once making a bet about my speed..One guy was actually laughing at me clapping his hands saying "C'mon slow poke!  You can do better than that!" lol  He wasn't anywhere near full speed.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ross tries to cool expectations - SHRacerX - 08-25-2017, 09:29 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-26-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-26-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - grampahol - 08-26-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:25 PM