Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court
(08-26-2017, 12:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Absolutely, a pardon is much different than clemency.  An argument could also be made that a man who served his nation in various capacities for over fifty years is different from an unrepentant terrorist or a service member who dumps hundreds of thousands of classified documents on the internet because feelings.

It's not just Manning, although I have a strong suspicion that if Manning was a regular dude and not a trans woman he wouldn't have gotten clemency.  He also released convicted criminals with felony convictions and a complete piece of shit in Oscar Lopez Rivera.  Left wing celebrities ate that one up.  I mean he was only a leader in an active terrorist organization that killed people.  Not only that, he has never shown any remorse and maintains his cause is just.

You could interpret it that way if you desire to.  You could also see it as pardoning the actions of an 85 year old man with a long history of public service.  At the end of the day we're talking about a misdemeanor he wouldn't have served a day of custody time over.  Be for the pardon or against it, the pardon, in essence, just clears Arpaio of having a criminal record and having to do some community service.

Who cares how long he did it if he was targeting another race because...race.

In the end he broke the law. If he was pope for 50 years and then broke the law he still broke the law.

(08-26-2017, 12:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, I get your point about the precedent and the message it sends.  That's why I counter with Obama granting clemency to far more suspect people.

Then why argue the fine point that he "served his nation" when he broke the law and the POTUS, with no recommendation from anyone except the screaming fans and his latest rally, decides to pardon the man?

I'd think we'd law and order to be upheld and not supplanted because the guy said really nice things about the POTUS (who also hates anyone he thinks is Mexican). Especially if he was going to get community service? Heck, he could have appealed and never done any service.

Maybe that's just me.

Of course thinking about it maybe his "community service" could be made retroactive to when he was not doing what the court told him to do. Then he'd more of a hero! Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court - GMDino - 08-26-2017, 01:08 PM