Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court
(08-26-2017, 01:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who cares how long he did it if he was targeting another race because...race.

In the end he broke the law.  If he was pope for 50 years and then broke the law he still broke the law.
Quote:An interesting point to make seeing as no one is disputing that the man broke the law by disobeying a court order.

Quote:Then why argue the fine point that he "served his nation" when he broke the law and the POTUS, with no recommendation from anyone except the screaming fans and his latest rally, decides to pardon the man?

Probably because it's a reason that Trump would pardon him?

Quote:I'd think we'd law and order to be upheld and not supplanted because the guy said really nice things about the POTUS (who also hates anyone he thinks is Mexican).  Especially if he was going to get community service?  Heck, he could have appealed and never done any service.

Law and order was upheld.  The POTUS has the power, under our laws, to pardon federal crimes.  Nothing happened outside of United States law. 

Quote:Maybe that's just me.

I'm sure it's not just you.

Quote:Of course thinking about it maybe his "community service" could be made retroactive to when he was not doing what the court told him to do. Then he'd more of a hero!   Smirk

Sure?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt of court - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-26-2017, 01:28 PM