Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals keep 2 or 3 QB's
(08-27-2017, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I really doubt we keep 3 QB's, like others have said it forces cutting another good player a WR, DE or whatever.

Keeping only 2 is a calculated risk for sure but one worth taking IMHO. I'd much rather see Erickson, Core, Smith or somebody like that make the team and contribute rather than have a 3rd QB that 97.645% of the time rides the pine all season.

Driskell will ride the pine, barring disaster or a special wildcat package, but a #7 WR or #9-10 DL is unlikely to dress or play much, as well.

I would keep Driskell for the long game.  In all likelihood, the Bengals will have to trade McCarron next year for any reasonable offer they get.  If they lose Driskell, they will just have to spend a high draft pick on a QB and won't really benefit that much.  Worse case, McCarron wins his case and walks.  At least with Driskell, you're somewhat covered.

The added benefit of having a guy like Driskell is that you can use him to simulate mobile QB's on the scout team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Should Bengals keep 2 or 3 QB's - Luvnit2 - 08-27-2017, 09:42 AM
RE: Should Bengals keep 2 or 3 QB's - BMK - 08-27-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Should Bengals keep 2 or 3 QB's - Whatever - 08-27-2017, 02:20 PM