Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross tries to cool expectations
(08-27-2017, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Using your analogy, let's say the big truck has a rusted frame full of holes, while the smaller truck has a sturdy frame made of titanium. Now which truck is more likely to withstand a beating? 

Barry Sanders was a very small RB. Ki-Jana Carter was built like a tank. Andy Dalton is much smaller than Big Ben, who obviously gets hurt a lot more. OBJ and Antonio Brown  are just as small - if not smaller - than Ross. Tyler Eifert, Gronk and Sammy Watkins are bigger. Size matters to an extent, but does not automatically make a player more fragile. Just as a big player isn't automatically more durable.

You use Pacman as an analogy, but seem to imply that he's the exception and Ross should learn from his methods. There are hundreds upon hundreds of examples of players with similar size that led relatively healthy careers. It's quite common, actually.

Lol saying the vehicles are rusted defeats the purpose of the analogy. Heavier frame and more weight can handle more force than a smaller frame with less weight that's basic physics. Ill try a different one. It's easier to break a 2 by 4 than a 4 by 4 Why? because it's thinner and lighter.

I brought up Pacman because his work in the gym has helped contribute to his healthier career so yes it's not a stretch that smaller guys can be healthy but that doesn't change the fact smaller guys are more likely to be injured over someone 40 lbs heavier.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ross tries to cool expectations - SHRacerX - 08-25-2017, 09:29 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-26-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - 'E' - 08-26-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - Synric - 08-27-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Ross tries to cool expectations - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:25 PM