Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith
(08-26-2017, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks, nearly impossible.

You are probably correct to an extent. I don't expect it to be quite as bad as you say here Chris but you have some history
on your side especially draft position. Why was Og put in the fire last year ahead of the clearly better Fisher?

Draft position. Willis was a 3rd round pick though and is clearly the best all around DE on the team besides Dunlap, he will
get his snaps. They did TRADE for Chris Smith and he has been the best pass rusher this Preseason. They also are starting
Lawson at SAM a lot of the time.

But this is also all Defense and maybe MB is giving Guenther more say cause he is the next HC...

I was clearly over stating the case, as you pointed out, and I know that.

But I'm tired of Marv's policies on player selection and who starts. Og is clearly a project and the efforts to start him anyways last year cost the team dearly. Has he improved? We'll have to wait and see, but Mike Brown made sure that the team was going to start Og no matter what this year.

I hope the defense plays some of its young guys this year. Willy Jackson is a guy I want to see on the field.

Going back to Dennard's rookie training camp Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the best rookie CB he'd ever seen. Yet, wow, he's done nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - kevin - 08-24-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: Your Opinions Of Willis and Smith - BengalChris - 08-27-2017, 05:11 PM