Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Beauty and brains
(08-27-2017, 05:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: LOL, you'll assume?

You're carrying his analogy to a place he wasn't taking it.  But I think you're aware of that.

You equivocate on this issue.  You condemn the violence but out the other side of your mouth you condone it because nazis are evil.  In this instance, yes, I think we'd agree that the right wing party initiated the violence.  The exact opposite has been the case in the vast majority of these instances in the past year or so.  The argument over this issue exists, and is fueled, solely by you, and those like you, appearing ignorant of this fact.

Actually, yes, hate speech has to be tolerated, the First Amendment says so.  You can vehemently oppose it, shout counters to it, but you must tolerate it.  If you don't tolerate it that you means you actively seek to stop it, which is antithetical to the idea of free speech.  The only type of speech that we must not tolerate is direct calls for violence.

In each and every instance, no matter who the speaker, correct?

BUZZZ, wrong answer.  You don't get to "shut down" speech you don't agree with.  Mob veto does not trump our Constitution.

Ahh, so you agree that "both sides" are wrong and that antifa has been the one in the wrong the vast majority of instances over the past year.  Glad to see you waking up.

Sadly, adults don't get to use that kind of excuse.  If you can't adult without using violence then stay your ass home and let actual adults conduct their business.

That you excuse violence against nazis because they're nazis?  You've made that clear for several months.  Sadly, you then contradict yourself by denouncing violence.

They do, have and did.  Search through news stories of political rallies or protests turning violent in the past 12-15 months.  I think you'll find a common denominator in the vast, vast majority of instances.  Correctly stating that right wing racists started the violence in C-Ville does not change that fact.

Chortle, no you won't.

So far I don't see any disagreement "on these boards".

Still not seeing any disagreement.

Not sure why the "But" is in there.  Still no disagreement.

Sure, still no disagreement.

Well, we could do what we've done the last 70 years, that seems to have worked as actual nazis are as rare as hens teeth.

Ahh, I see your problem now!  You think simply by dint of being a nazi that anything done to them is both good and just.  What a sad person you are to think such a thing.  If I see a self proclaimed nazi spewing his abhorrent views on a street corner and some nazi hater comes out of the crowd with a gun to kill him, I am going to kill the guy with the gun.  Not because I think the nazi is right, or good (honestly that I have to include that disclaimer for people like you makes me nauseous) but because, in this scenario, he would be the victim.  If someone attacked them with a bat or their fists I would protect him for the same reason.  If people were allowed to conduct themselves as you propose then Anjem Choudary would have burned at the stake years ago.  Thankfully for him, Western society and the responsible adults who reside in it, he wasn't. 

A link for those not familiar with the sack of assholes I just mentioned.

Was that a fun use of time?

I thought about a point by point answer to all the nonsense above but I've got more important things to do.  

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Beauty and brains - Vlad - 08-24-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: Beauty and brains - Matt_Crimson - 08-26-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Beauty and brains - THE Bigzoman - 08-26-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: Beauty and brains - Belsnickel - 08-26-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: Beauty and brains - TheLeonardLeap - 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Beauty and brains - Belsnickel - 08-27-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: Beauty and brains - TheLeonardLeap - 08-27-2017, 10:32 AM
RE: Beauty and brains - jason - 08-27-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: Beauty and brains - TheLeonardLeap - 08-27-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Beauty and brains - GMDino - 08-27-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: Beauty and brains - ballsofsteel - 08-27-2017, 01:05 PM