Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement
(08-27-2017, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Granted that it was only one preseason game, and there's still room for improvement, but I was VERY PLEASED with the improvement that Ogbuehi showed today.

He looked good in the run game, as usual, but he also held his own in pass protection very well.  I only watched him closely for the first half, but he only was beaten once, and it was a nice move by the defender where he faked like he was going outside, waited until Obguehi started to move that way, and made a speed move underneath to get past him.  It's not an excuse, but I think it was more of a great play by the defender than it was a lapse by Obguehi.

He was bullrushed on a great move once but held his own, even though he did get pushed back.

Anyone else notice his play?

We'd obviously need to see it consistently, but am I right in feeling a bit more at ease?
I have been tracking him all three preseason games and I had a couple games saved from last year and he is a different player.. finally in his short career he has been able to practice and play all preseason for the first time and at his natural position.. he is a has had a good preseason.. to think Dalton was sacked one time in what would probably amount to an entire game in the time he played total in the three games,, we have to be happy with that from our line and against three teams considered playoff contenders this year...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement - Essex Johnson - 08-27-2017, 10:27 PM