Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling..."
(08-27-2017, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if that happens you can't blame the Bengals for picking the kicker who is better at kicking.  Bullock is outperforming Elliot right now, and if we pick the guy who is doing better at his job and it turns out we were wrong, so be it.  

The Bucs took the boring old journeyman Nick Folk over Roberto Agyuo...the young guy who keeps missing kicks but shouldn't be missing kicks.  Agyuo is now in Chicago missing kicks and losing a kicker battle to another ho-hum retread vet kicker in Connor Barth.  What can you do?  It's hard to just sit there and hope hope hope someone is going to magically change.  It's fear of missing out (also known as FOMO) and it's why teams over-draft players who MIGHT be good, it's why kids dont' want the last popsicle until their sibling reaches for it, and it's why women always go for the jerk who is unemployed but in a band and TOTALLY MIGHT get famous someday over the guy who holds down a normal job and makes a decent wage.

There is a chance Elliot goes to another team and lights it up, yes.  There is a chance Fat Randy Bullock goes to a team and lights it up, too.  Believe it or not.  The only reason to let Elliot sink this team while he "works it out" would be if we had no chance of competing and could afford to throw an entire roster down the drain for the sake of hoping a snakebitten kicker becomes great.  Ehh, my job isn't on the line, so I'd be all for that.  I'm crazy though.
Snake bitten?  One miss and a guy is snake bitten?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling...... - McC - 08-27-2017, 11:32 PM