Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(08-10-2015, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Listen, I'm not trying to get you all "uppity".  I simply said that if you eliminate other types of insurance, that catastrophic would go through the roof, in premium costs.  Does it really take much sense to understand that?  The insurance companies are in existence, they are going to get their money, somehow.  If people would cease to purchase all of their products but one, what do you think would happen to the cost of that lone, remaining product?

How much money do you think insurance companies would save when they're not shelling out a couple of hundred bucks every time someone goes in for a routine visit or for the doctor to prescribe some antibiotics?

You're only looking at one side of the equation (what they would lose in premiums) and ignoring the other (what they would save in payments). 

In my scenario, people would essentially be buying health insurance for the same reason they purchase life insurance...protecting against the catastrophic.  People buy insurance now largely for the "savings" that they believe they are getting on lower co-pays for visits and cheaper meds. 

Nobody is getting "uppidity" here either.  If I come across that way, I'd say it's because my posting style is pretty much the same as I am in real-life.  I'm a cut to the chase, no-nonsense type of guy. 

I'm not the type to get worked up on the internet.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - jakefromstatefarm - 08-10-2015, 09:35 PM