Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble?
(08-29-2017, 01:20 AM)Trademark Wrote: I personally think our season is looking grim if the suspension holds up. I know it's only 5 games but we could very well lose all 5 because our defense is absolutely garbage without him in our lineup. What are your thoughts?

YES, Burficts cheap hit on a WR no where near the ball 30 yards downfield was just stupid and Burfict once again hurts Bengals by being suspended.  HOPEFULLY it doesn't RUIN the season, but it sure doesn't help.  Fans wanting his contract renewed but ownership would be wise to question it. If they do resign him they should just mail his pay to NFL Headquarters and eliminate the middle man if he is going to be suspended all the time.  The stupidity of it all is the NFL made the new rules very clear to all teams and yet other teams players were kicked out of games in preseason and near being suspended. How in the heck did Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis and Burfict not hear the NFL say the new rules will be enforced ??? It's not rocket science. You do not slam a WR 30 yards away from the play into the ground. A STUPID cheap hit that does hurt the Bengals. I do not blame the NFL. Often Bengals are their own worst enemy in the 26 years or so of no play-off wins. Case in point is Burfict and Pacman who gave Steelers 30 free yards at end of game to go one and done again in play-offs are also now both suspended for season opener with tough division team Baltimore. If any team shoots itself in the foot over and over, it is The Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - kevin - 08-29-2017, 06:03 AM