Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Venice mayor: anyone who screams Allahu Akbar will be shot
(08-28-2017, 11:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I mean, we get the entire "all White people are racist", and "if you voted for Trump, you are obviously a Nazi", and "if you don't support gay marriage, you hate all gays", and the "if you love America, you must be an illiterate redneck", etc...   You see a trend there?  For being of the mindset of "inclusiveness", you sure do want to alienate a bunch of the population.

But anyway, shouting Allahu Akbar has become synonymous with "terrorism is about to occur".  Why don't you hold the rest of the members of that population responsible, the same way that you hold White people responsible for all the things that you do?

What the hell does any of this have to do with anything I've said in this thread or an argument regarding what constitutes free speech? You're bitching and moaning about something I am currently not doing and then doing it back to me. 

Quote:Really, you think so?  Why is that?

Yelling "God is Great" isn't an explicit threat. We have pretty strict protections on our free speech and the courts have ruled in favor of some pretty outlandish things because they were an expression of political beliefs that didn't necessarily pose a true threat to anyone. That fact that some people only know some arabic words in relation to  radical islam doesn't mean you can outright ban it. As I've alluded to before, we're free to march the streets with weapons shouting Nazi propaganda because we have free speech and, short of calling for direct violence on someone, we can use some pretty heinous innuendos. 

Now, this is Europe, specifically Italy, so maybe it's legal there, but it wouldn't be here and,by our measure of free speech and free practice of religion, it would violate the principles we hold closest. I'm not sure why the majority of conservative leaning posters are backing this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Venice mayor: anyone who screams Allahu Akbar will be shot - BmorePat87 - 08-29-2017, 08:03 AM