Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know
(08-29-2017, 01:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not illegal, doesn't launch by definition of rule and he doesn't hit the defenseless receiver in the restricted area. You can say it's unnecessary roughness but that is not a suspendable offense (and not a new rule) and should result in a fine if that is what they believe the call to be. I think Burfict has a legit chance to win the appeal. Bad optics don't make something suspendable, I think that is the first thing people have to get past. The knee jerk by media was anti Burfict, but more and more are starting to ask what rule he even broke.

Another thing people don't realize, you lose all defenseless receiver protections after you have acted like a blocker. Sherman did a check and release meaning he showed block then ran a route. In reality he could have been attempting a block down field (even if illegal downfield block) because he showed block first which is why you lose protection.

Great point. I actually was thinking that, when does a RB who chips on the play become a receiver? I think that is why the 5 yd rule is important. Clearly the FB was in that box not beyond 5 yds. Should he have knocked the snot out of the guy, I don't know that answer. I didn't see Smith pump fake as have said. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know - sandwedge - 08-29-2017, 01:33 PM