Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble?
(08-29-2017, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: It won't sink us, but it sure as hell isn't going to help matters.  You already know V Rey will get the nod.  He's not the most physically gifted guy out there, but without Tez....someone has to call the defense'.  No one else has that experience.

Good point. Who replaces him ?  Who has looked good in practices and preseason games ?  Hopefully Bengals planned for this because there was a good chance Pacman could have been suspended longer and Burfict out with suspensions or concussions a lot.  Probably without both against a very tough Baltimore team. Bengals did draft linebackers last couple years. I thought they should have drafted O Line more than they did this year, but here is where drafting young and faster on defense may help.  As for a play caller on D, Minter has been in NFL a few years now.  When teams make their cuts and some due to getting under salary cap, Bengals need to be looking at the linebackers. Bengals have picked up good players in the past after cuts. Bengals in 1981 picked up a secondary veteran by a team going youth movement and that vet helped in Super Bowl year. Well, it's on front office and coaches now, not us as fans. Here is where front office and coaches earn their pay. ....ONE UPSIDE is we have about 2 weeks to get ready for Baltimore.  Get SOMEBODY reps and ready in practice for Baltimore game.  Once short of linebackers Geathers moved from D Line to LB but I forget how well that worked. I think MJ was a LB early in career. Do we have any tweeners of the LB or D Line type ? Maybe not as a starting LB, but what happens now if a LB gets injured and Burfict suspended. Injury depth plays into this. Again Front Office and coaches get paid to do something. As Marines say, Adapt, Adjust.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - kevin - 08-29-2017, 01:59 PM