Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement
(08-29-2017, 03:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I think that's actually supported in the links I posted.
The Bengals' offense will have to primarily be quick throws and the running games needs to be at least somewhat effective.
While it may seem like I've criticized Ogbuehi the most, it's because most of the thread topics have been on his performance. However, I'm still most concerned with Bodine because he simply is what he is...a below average starter that needs replaced. He gets pushed back or falls down way too often. And he's entering his fourth year, so I don't have any optimism for his improvement. If C play were upgraded, you'd see an actual pocket that Dalton could step into to extend the play and also see a better running game.

Completely agree but it seems like we've been bitching about Bodine's play from game one and the from office never seems to put much importance into the position.  That seems like a Mike Brown mentality, and he says he doesn't have much to do with day-to-day operations anymore, but he still would be the one opening his wallet, so maybe he's just refusing to pay for an upgrade.  

There are several guys that we could get in the first four rounds of the 2018 draft that could end up being quality NFL centers, but I don't have much faith in Paul Alexander coaching them up to their potential (maybe we can hope that they won't need much coaching).

Maybe a free agent would come available and we'd finally get our wish because center is a BIG piece that's keeping us from getting over the hump (IMCO).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement - BFritz21 - 08-29-2017, 04:41 PM