Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peaceful Berkley Protests Ruined By Antifa
(08-29-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Never said that.... we were speaking about violent protestors. Peaceful protesting is irrelevant when we are discussing the violence at a protest.

You definitely said it, it's in the post I quoted at the top of this page. If you would like to say they aren't the ones getting violent, I may be more inclined to agree, but still wouldn't completely. Because of all that classic liberalism encompasses there could be classic liberals on both the left and the right getting violent.

(08-29-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 2. If you think I am describing these terms incorrectly then feel free to straighten me out.

I've attempted to educate when it comes to certain terms around here in the past, but it is often ignored. The more nuanced understandings of these terms can be understood by reading Wikipedia or some partisan blog, and even getting into it on the board here won't do too much good. This is why I just say caution should be used when using these terms.

(08-29-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 3. So there was no one there who just respects historical monuments or enjoys free speech? The act like the only good people there were on protestor side is disengenuous.

In all seriousness, if there were they were carpetbaggers. I know a lot of people that are in favor of keeping those statues around, including those at the forefront of the group trying to keep the city from removing them, for historical reasons. They wanted nothing to do with Kessler's rally, they advised all of their group to stay away and stay away they did. They knew what was going on from the start and they avoided any involvement with it. I admit, I'm painting the crowd with a broad brush, but almost all of that crowd were outsiders there from various racist organizations.

(08-29-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 4. Post some anti obama violence that is in the same realm as antifa

Apparently you did not read my statement in full.

(08-29-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 5. You better educate your fellow leftist posters on that fact. And defending someone's right to say dumb things doesn't make you a Nazi sympathizer.

No one's right to say dumb things was being impugned. A citizen cannot strip someone of their right to say dumb things, only the government can do that. If someone gets shouted down, harassed, etc., for that, then that is absolutely legal. If someone is physically assaulted for it, then that is wrong.

Now, what I have seen people be called sympathizers for is victim blaming the people that were run into by a domestic terrorist in Charlottesville. There may have been other instances, but that has been the most common.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peaceful Berkley Protests Ruined By Antifa - Belsnickel - 08-29-2017, 06:30 PM
Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - StLucieBengal - 08-29-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - Millhouse - 08-29-2017, 11:44 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - GMDino - 08-29-2017, 11:45 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - Vlad - 08-29-2017, 11:45 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - Vlad - 08-29-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - StLucieBengal - 08-29-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - StLucieBengal - 08-29-2017, 11:58 PM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - Vas Deferens - 08-30-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - michaelsean - 08-30-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - StLucieBengal - 08-30-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Nancy Pelosi on Antifa - Vlad - 08-30-2017, 08:51 AM