Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How difficult is it to transition from OG to LT?
(08-30-2017, 02:41 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I recall Whit started out with us as a Guard right? If Ced O struggles or is hurt would Boling be a possible replacement? We seem to have plenty of players who are good enough to take Bolings place so why not kick him outside and then use Trey Hopkins (assuming he isn't already starting in which case I'd say Andre) or Westerman, Diehl, or Johnson?

Boling actually played both OT positions in college along with both OG positions. His best fit for the NFL was LG though. So I would imagine that in a pinch, he could swing to LT but I think Hopkins could do the same. I wouldn't hold my breath for either to be a solid LT though in the NFL.

Johnson played LG in the season finale against Baltimore last year IIRC, and he showed some promise there. Westerman's best fit is also LG IMO.

If it's me though, unless Ogbuehi is hurt, I'm riding or dying by his performance this year. There aren't any other quality options at LT that would give me confidence making a change would all of a sudden make the Bengals contenders. See how Ogbuehi does, and draft a LT in the first round next year if he flops. If he makes really good strides by the end of the season, draft a mid-round OT to groom as a backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How difficult is it to transition from OG to LT? - ochocincos - 08-30-2017, 02:52 PM