Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How difficult is it to transition from OG to LT?
(08-31-2017, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The "playing in space" dilemma for a tackle is best demonstrated by the ideal build for each position.  A tackle must have longer arms and quick feet.  The guard, sorry to say, is often referred to as the least athletic person on the team.  They must be able to anchor and/or push in a small space.  Usually very big, hard to move, but if they were quicker and longer, they would have likely been at T long ago.

The backup LT is actually the RT, Fisher.  You could say that Andre is the backup RT, but I am hoping that Dielman can evolve in to that spot if he isn't given the opportunity to compete at Center, where they already have Bodine and TJ Johnson.  If Ced falls flat on his face this year, and I don't see that happening, look for Fisher to move to LT and them come up with a replacement at RT.  

It is much easier for a player with experience at LT to play Guard than the other way around.  The advent of the spread has created a dearth of tackles coming out of the draft.  Bust % seems abnormally high.  
Fisher seems the likely alternative.    He's been a T and has good feet. If Ced can't start on the O Line.. Smith was an okay RT.
I notice Hopkins has seemed a versatile surprise. Maybe he ends up in a spot?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How difficult is it to transition from OG to LT? - redwood - 08-31-2017, 03:51 PM