Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim 'mediator' defends gang rape after attack
(08-31-2017, 01:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I said restrict borders not close borders.   I want extreme vetting, so it sounds like you and I are on the same page here.  

I am all for keeping communication open.  I am just not alright with letting anyone in here from those regions who isn't vetted.   It's also a good idea to let them slowly trickle in so they can assimilate into the western life.   When we open the flood gates we just promote ghettos and when that happens they never move towards a western life.

A similar page, it seems. I just don't really grasp what "extreme" vetting is supposed to mean. That's not an ironic statement, I honestly don't know. How mch can you find out about an average muslim refugee. Can't really ask the local government, and as long as secret service agencys don't have anything else, which probably is common for the average muslim Joe, I don't know what extreme vetting really comes down to.

I would "vet" by examination, some king of examination with interviews and such. Which never would give any kind of distinct certainty, sure.
I would be on the same page with the "slowly trickling in" approach if there weren't a dire crisis going on. But there is, and I would not be in favour of putting refugees down because we want to take it slow. These are people in need, and potential bad apples, as I see it, should not put the focus away from that. That there are people fleeing life threats. Europe sure is more directly concerned with that, since people literally amass across our borders. The ethical thing to do, as I see it, is to in principle grant these people a safe harbor, albeit maybe a temporary one.

Also, we need to give people perspectives, and what we do is letting them hang for years until deciding their fate (meaning: if they can stay or not), and that is sure part of the problem. We put them in a desperate situation of uncertainty, and that this increases the incentive to turn criminal is quite clear and not on Islam as a whole.

But I also don't want to be naive about those people, many sure come from a more or less medieval surrounding as described (which isn't necessarily true for Syrian refugees, those I know are quite sophisticated, but then again those are the only ones I would know). Extremely difficult to handle. The danger of letting people with strong values completely and unchangeably incompatible to western values is quite real. Which is why I'd say, teach and instruct them, and those resisting said teaching need to find some other place to stay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Muslim 'mediator' defends gang rape after attack - hollodero - 08-31-2017, 11:01 PM