Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade.
(09-01-2017, 10:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: While I agree that moderation in all things is a good policy there can never be too much education in my book.

My problem is simply that it's become an unnecessary requirement in many cases. My mother started work later in her life (raised 4 children) and if she had started working half a dozen years later, she couldn't have gotten the job she ended up getting. It requires a college degree now. Why? Because someone decided that suddenly a college degree was necessary to do the job that people had been doing successfully for years and years without one. Same with my father, who worked most of his life in one field. Today he would need a college degree for a job he worked successfully for decades without.

There's no NEED for it, but people have decided there is, so suddenly there is.

Just ask yourself. If college suddenly stopped existing, would this job literally be impossible to perform anymore? There's some, sure, but the vast majority?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont' discount the value of learning a skilled trade. - TheLeonardLeap - 09-01-2017, 10:51 AM