Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them?
I don't understand the question, but then again, my opinion of Dalton and Coach Lewis are both pretty high opinions. Lewis took over THE BUNGLES of 12 season without a play-off season, 4 fired head coaches in those 12 years, many last place seasons, considered by most of the media as the worst franchise in the NFL. Since taking over, Coach Lewis has went to the play-offs 50 % of the time, 6 times in 12 years. Nobody is calling this team THE BUNGLES anymore. I was about ready to give up on the Bengals after 2002, after being a fan from day one in 1968. Coach Lewis brought good football back to Cincinnati. .....As for Dalton, 4 play-off seasons in first 4 years. No other Bengals QB has ever taken Bengals to more than 2 straight play-offs and that was Ken Anderson and he did it one time only. No Bengals QB has ever won a play-off game in his first 4 seasons. In his first 3 seasons, Dalton threw over 20 touchdown passes each season, only being done by Dan Marino and Peyton Manning. He has already set the Bengals season yards passing record, done in his third season. He has been to 2 Pro Bowls in 4 years.

So my opinion of Coach Lewis and Dalton is pretty high right now, so this question of what do they have to do to sway my opinion of them. In my case, I guess lose for a few years and both really fall apart. I don't expect Dalton or any NFL QB to go to the play-offs every season in the NFL. Coach Lewis having this team in the play-offs 50 % of the time he has been here is pretty good. Of course we would like to go deeper in the play-offs, and I'm sure the players and coaches and front office want it even more than the fans. Still, for turning around the worst franchise in the NFL and making the BUNGLES the Bengals again, I respect Coach Lewis. For coming in after Carson refused to play, and forced to start every game as a rookie and starting every game for four years and 4 straight play-off seasons, I respect Mr Dalton. I respect them both a lot already.

Again, 2001 and 2002, people couldn't give BUNGLE tickets away, and I mean that. Where I worked, people with tickets tried to give tickets away, and nobody wanted them, and I turned down many free tickets because the team was awful, just awful. Free tickets could be had outside the stadium, but nobody wanted to go see THE BUNGLES. ....and let's not forget this team only won 4 games in 2008 and 2010. The seats were pretty empty then as well, and mostly Boo Birds giving Carson a hard time. Dalton going 4 straight play-off seasons is a huge turn around and amazing a kid out of college could do it. Dalton has the best winning % of any Bengals QB. Things are much better under Coach Lewis and Dalton than before they came here.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them? - kevin - 08-11-2015, 11:44 AM