Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Driskel and John Ross Injuries
None of the high drafted receivers have done anything yet. Williams has yet to hit the field, and Corey Davis hasn't either. Ross made an awesome grab last night and then went down. I'm not expecting much this year, but I hope I'm wrong. I agree with Nate Burleson on this one,though. He said the #1 receivers and #4 (draft positions) need to be treated no differently; and need to learn to play with the normal nicks and bruises that playing football brings. He said this after someone commented how they needed to be sure they were 100% before hitting the field. I side with Nate, who said if you start out coddling them, they get used to it and expect it. Sammy Watkins formerly of the Buffalo Bills up here is a prime example. That's probably why they traded him, any player that can't stay on the field is pretty much useless in reality. Of course he could be badly hurt, let's hope not; but he didn't appear to be injured badly at all but got immediately off the field and stayed there. Yes, it's preseason; but they need to push themselves, especially when they haven't proven anything yet...toughness is important, it's still a very rough game out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Driskel and John Ross Injuries - Bengalsrob - 09-01-2017, 12:28 PM