Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Driskel and John Ross Injuries
As a fan of the Ross pick, I will say I don't expect a whole lot this year until the second half of the season. He hasn't had as much time in camp with full contact practices due to his coming back from injury, which will naturally slow down his development a bit. He has great potential, but right now his skills are showcased mainly on reverses, runs, screen plays etc. around the line of scrimmage. He might become as good or better than AB one day, but this early in his career, he has to learn the nuances of route running, how to set up corners, etc. before being able to burn corners short or deep. Another thing that will slow down his development beside his late clearance for full contact at camp, is that he will not get as many plays as a WR4, to learn these nuances. I don't see him being given as many opportunities with AJ, LaFell and Boyd all strongly entrenched in each of their roles on the team, where Ross likely won't be coming in for any of their positions in a game, unless one of them needs a breather or (god forbid) is injured. As Ross starts to learn, he will push for more playing time in the latter half of the season, and I can see possibly more 4 WR sets or even LaFell being replaced by Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Driskel and John Ross Injuries - masterpanthera_t - 09-01-2017, 04:09 PM