Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-03-2017, 08:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Still a lot of biased people editorializing studies. No different than before. I know that studies done taking into account differences in positions and everything still show a wage gap, so the argument against the broad $0.77 to the dollar is true, but is ignoring a whole host of other evidence out there.

Not one of these things addresses what I was saying. What I am going to tell you is there there are studies out there that take all of these things you list into account and have still found a wage gap. A smaller one than the one typically cited in the media, but there is still a wage gap. A good study on a topic like this accounts for these things in their experimental design, and those studies are out there. There are also individual examples I can point to of this difference in pay from the government, from public higher education, no less.

This doesn't convince me because I have read more in depth studies on this from different sources. Studies that don't hit the media, that are relegated to the realm of academic journals that no one outside of the fields typically reads.

Everything I have shown says there is a wage gap. But 1-2 cents per dollar instead of 23 cents on the dollar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - StLucieBengal - 09-03-2017, 01:51 PM