Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-03-2017, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless that field for that specific job is split 50/50 men to women then none will fit. Which is the point of the data I posted. Men choose different careers than women.

If that is the point of the videos you posted, then you should not listen to them for anything data related because they don't understand how data analysis works. Or math.

(09-03-2017, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Men spend more time working than women. The only way you could measure it is if you took a woman who basically lived like a man with no family and willing to work any hours. Which is fine but it doesn't do anyThing for the average woman who cares about having a family and being able to walk away from work to raise her children.

Why is there such a focus on hours worked? I know lots of people that work the same number of hours as me, but their output is lower, and there are some that work fewer than me and have a higher output. Hours worked as a variable with such a significant weight to it as it has been given in this thread is only used in a biased manner. It is an inherently flawed measure when used on its own and so reliance on it in such a fashion points to a manipulation of data to fit a narrative.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - Belsnickel - 09-04-2017, 09:10 AM