Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-04-2017, 01:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you/your office pay women less?

Everyone of my employees start out at the same rate a couple have distanced themselves but it has zero to do with male or female. It's purely numbers driven. And resets at the end of the year.

My employees are all women. The only time I briefly managed with a guy, he yelled at all the women and I had to fire him. Anger issues. Don't know if he didn't yell at me because I was a guy or his boss.

I did manage another guy, but he tried to punch me for taking his stuff off my desk.

(09-04-2017, 09:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: Women may make less than men, but they are not paid less than men. It has been illegal to pay someone less to do a job regardless of race, creed or sex since 1969. I always ask people to give me examples of women being paid less at their work place. I have yet to have someone produce that evidence when all factors such as time on the job and job description are equal.

In my experience (which granted is limited as I've only supervised two guys), women are less likely to ask for a raise. And it may be illegal to pay someone less based on gender, but two things. First , so is speeding or hiring illegal aliens. Two proving it was based off gender could be difficult. Unless you have an organization that looks to make sure pay is equitable and fair regardless of circumstance. Like.... a union.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - Benton - 09-04-2017, 10:49 AM