Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Practice Squad announced
(09-04-2017, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did he stink it up? He missed a 60 yard kick by a yard left. My guess is he wins the job if he the 60 yarder. He hit every kick off deep into the endzone. Bullock had a great camp and beat him out. Why do you have to take away from Bullock to bash Elliott? I just don't get that some don't realize because you get beat or because you lose a starting job does not make you trash, make you bad if someone is just better. It is life, it happens in the work place too. Good employees get fired every day because someone was better and not because they stink at their job.

Let me put it this way. Bullock was nothing spectacular through camp and preseason. He was a veteran doing a solid job. Marvin Lewis said the competition wasn't close. Put 2 and 2 together. They wanted Elliott to win this competition, but couldn't justify keeping him on the 53 based on his performance. You keep bringing up this 60 yarder as if it were the only negative. Elliott went 1 for 4 in the last couple games. There were reports of him "struggling" through camp:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/17/16161312/bengals-kicker-battle-update-jake-elliott-struggling-randy-bullock-superior

Quote:Jay Morrison 

@JayMorrisonCMG

Rough day for rookie kicker Jake Elliott. Misses from 45 and 53 and two from 54. Only made the 50. Bullock 4 for 4

Elliott did show leg on kickoffs, but the stats were dead even with Bullock there, and that's not enough to make up for the inaccuracy. A kicker with a big leg is useless if he can't make the kicks. It just looks prettier, but the result is still 0 points on the board. It reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. Dude could throw a pretty spiral 70 yards...but it was just as likely to hit a cheerleader as a receiver.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Practice Squad announced - Shake n Blake - 09-04-2017, 01:17 PM