Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Diehlman claimed by the Rams......
(09-04-2017, 02:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This stuff happens when you have 11 picks in a draft.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to the draft.

1. It's a crap shoot and you may as well get as many picks as you possibly can (even late round picks) because you never know what players will succeed in the NFL. This includes taking fliers on high upside injury prone players (Ross and Lawson), high motor players who reportedly have physical limitations (Willis), good prospects who were covered up by superior players on their own team (Cody Core), small school prospects (Bernard Scott) as well as your garden variety "Why did this player fall this far?" type prospects (Andrew Billings and Christian Westerman).

2. Draft fewer but supposedly higher quality players and keep your free agents/sign free agents at all costs.

I think it's clear Lewis subscribes to the first and that will result in draft picks being cut, due to sheer volume.

I don't think a 5th round pick being cut should be rage inducing. Dielman was a decent prospect, but nothing earth shattering.

The team will be fine without him.

I still don't know what made him a draftable player. 
He lined up at a lot of spots but wasn't really good at any of them. 

I'm more happy we didn't over commit to another OL who is a long shot prospect. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: JJ Diehlman claimed by the Rams...... - RoyleRedlegs - 09-04-2017, 02:33 PM