Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense
(09-04-2017, 10:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How can on one hand Rey be a good run stuffer but on the flipside Guenther fails to teach fundamentals like tackling when he has been Reys DC or LB coach his whole career?

A lot of these guys have learned to be pros here with the same coaches so saying a guy like Peko or Rey are/were good players but Guenther can't coach players how to tackle doesn't make sense imo. 

I don't think it's so much fundamentals. I think players coming into the league should have the basics down when it comes to knowing how to tackle. But then again you have guys like Burfict who knocks himself out when making a tackle. I'm sure coaches have to tweak some players technique a little. But I think the problem with this team in general is discipline. Actually it's obvious this team lacks discipline. Players blowing assignments, not being in the right place causing poor angles etc. when we look bad on defense im not sure if it's a coaching problem or some of these guys just not listening. But when it comes to something as fundamental as tackling, these guys should know this by now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense - TKUHL - 09-05-2017, 12:09 AM