Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense
(09-04-2017, 07:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I listened to a NFL radio segment I think with Tucker and his partner around 5 tonight. One picked is 9-7 and no playoffs and one 8-8.

They did the OL was a major concern, but they said our run defense would suffer greatly with loss of Peko and Rey. M.

We all can agree the OL is a big question mark. But, I never thought about losing not 1 but 2 run stoppers in the middle of the field.

Thoughts?

I don't think either of those talking heads have done an ounce of research and are just parroting what they have heard around the league on ESPN, etc.  

The OL is a concern, but they have actually played together quite well in the preseason.  Ask the Redskins how their Pro Bowl tackle fared in a game against Cincinnati?  I am very impressed with Fisher's improvement, and I think the run blocking overall has improved enough that they won't be forced in to 3rd and long's, which creates problems for any offensive line.

Our defense will suffer with the loss of one of the slowest LBs in the game, and a DT that, while a great guy, offered virtually no pass rush at all?  Billings hasn't even shown his stuff as a pass rusher yet.  But the LBs of Vigil and Burfict in nickel is a night-and-day improvement over last year when they went Maualuga and Vinney Rey.  

It's OK, let them crap on the Bengals...they will be the ones that look stupid in the end.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense - SHRacerX - 09-05-2017, 08:33 AM