Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense
(09-05-2017, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think either of those talking heads have done an ounce of research and are just parroting what they have heard around the league on ESPN, etc.  

The OL is a concern, but they have actually played together quite well in the preseason.  Ask the Redskins how their Pro Bowl tackle fared in a game against Cincinnati?  I am very impressed with Fisher's improvement, and I think the run blocking overall has improved enough that they won't be forced in to 3rd and long's, which creates problems for any offensive line.

Our defense will suffer with the loss of one of the slowest LBs in the game, and a DT that, while a great guy, offered virtually no pass rush at all?  Billings hasn't even shown his stuff as a pass rusher yet.  But the LBs of Vigil and Burfict in nickel is a night-and-day improvement over last year when they went Maualuga and Vinney Rey.  

It's OK, let them crap on the Bengals...they will be the ones that look stupid in the end.  

Tucker had them at 9-7 and close to a WC, he did not crap on them like others have done. He said he sees a lot he likes about the Bengals including Dalton and Green. We have debated Peko over the years with many calling a run stopper a poor pass rusher (not his role), but in reality he has been and remains good at his role, Denver signing him and paying him big bucks (compared to other run stopping only DT's) proved it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense - Luvnit2 - 09-05-2017, 10:12 AM