Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-05-2017, 10:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's me going to buy something.  I hate that too.  Everywhere.  It's a stupid game that I don't play.

I'm not buying a job.  I'm either qualified or I am not.  I will either be trained or I will not.

If a business owner (better?) is trying to save a buck by not paying his employees the business owner (better?) is a shitty person.  Because they (better?) will cut corners everywhere else when it comes to their (better?) employees.

Not a place I'd want to work.

You can't refuse to negotiate, and then complain how it's unfair when someone else does and comes out ahead.

Where does it stop? Are college degrees a stupid game? High school diplomas? Does that mean business owners who pay people more for having one than those without are shitty people, too? Oh, you learned math? Sure, but why should you get paid more than someone who thinks math is a stupid game that they don't want to play? Pay the illiterate and the literate the same amount! Universal pay, regardless of education or skills!

Or perhaps it is that only the skills YOU think are worthy are eligible to qualify people for higher pay, keeping them from being a "shitty person"?

You're not buying a job, but you're selling your services to a potential employer. That makes you a salesperson in an interview, and good salespeople are capable of negotiation.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - TheLeonardLeap - 09-05-2017, 11:28 AM