Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-05-2017, 11:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You can't refuse to negotiate, and then complain how it's unfair when someone else does and comes out ahead.

Where does it stop? Are college degrees a stupid game? High school diplomas? Does that mean business owners who pay people more for having one than those without are shitty people, too? Oh, you learned math? Sure, but why should you get paid more than someone who thinks math is a stupid game that they don't want to play? Pay the illiterate and the literate the same amount! Universal pay, regardless of education or skills!

Or perhaps it is that only the skills YOU think are worthy are eligible to qualify people for higher pay, keeping them from being a "shitty person"?

You're not buying a job, but you're selling your services to a potential employer. That makes you a salesperson in an interview, and good salespeople are capable of negotiation.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Not real sure how we got from an employer who tries to pay less than they should/can unless the employee begs for more to diplomas.

I'm sure that can be explained...somehow.

I believe I said that if someone has a skill/education that the employer values more that makes sense when it comes to pay.

Oh, wait...I did say that.

(09-05-2017, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: And if someone has an extra education the employer desires that make sense. 

Sooo....not sure what is being argued there.

I've said, pretty clearly, two people doing the same work at the same job should be paid the same.  If an employer wants someone with a college degree but highers someone without they chose to do that and the pay should be the same if the employee is doing the same work and the expected level of production.

Anyway...I *can* refuse to negotiate.  I often do.  I *am* a salesman.  And I've created a pretty good customer base by telling them the truth up front and letting them know they don't have to play games to get the "best deal".  

I fully realize that most people think if they an screw their fellow citizen out of anything to get themselves a wee little bit ahead they will.  I just don't play that game.

Yes, even when I am buying.  I know the value of stuff before I go in.  If the salesperson (better?) wants to play I tell them I don't do that.  This is the value.  If that's their prerogative but I'll just shop elsewhere.

Again, that's just me.  I prefer honesty and being up front to wasting time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - GMDino - 09-05-2017, 11:57 AM