Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add?
(09-06-2017, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: 7 guys will be inactive, now 6..... My point exactly. That 4th DT or 3rd guard won't help special teams. Act like you don't get my point all you want, but I'd rather have the 7 inactive including that typical 4th DT or extra Guard that we usually keep inactive, and have that extra roster spot on the 46 for someone (cb, rb, safety) that can help on special teams. Counting on players to play special teams who are needed to play majority of their snaps on defense for injured and suspended players isn't good.... So either our Defense is going to suffer (because starters are playing special teams), or our Special teams will suffer. But thankfully we'll have that extra DT or Guard (Carter was going to be active regardless due to our injuries to TE's) active right.....

But let's keep acting like teams go into the season with 52 man rosters all the time......

Bengals were being either cheap, or lazy. Either way those aren't championship qualities.

I understand where you're coming from, obviously. I'm saying I don't get why this is a big deal. Plainly, they aren't going to sign someone for 3 days, who isn't going to play and then get cut.

Its a stupid business decision, its a stupid decision from a practice standpoint (because they will take away reps from guys who need it) and with your little shpiel about teams, it can be debunked with this;

When's the last time Adam Jones played gunner or any other ST's position, aside from returner? Because that's the spot the guy would take.

Championship teams? lol Yeah, because if the Patriots or Packers ever had this issue, they WOULD sign somebody for no reason other than to take up money, space and practice reps, from players that need it more Rolleyes

Stop it. This is a moot issue, period. For the second time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-06-2017, 12:44 PM