Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION!
(09-06-2017, 06:11 PM)BMK Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Holding each other captive??  Do you you even read what you write?? That's how you're trying to justify totally contradicting yourself?  

Explain how that's false?  You just throw out bullshit insults and empty rhetoric and pass it off as informed knowledge.

The Steelers are holding Bell captive by franchising him and not giving him other options.  Bell is holding them captive by forcing their hand to franchise him while also not showing up for the preseason, which creates a cancer in the locker room and will also increase Bell's injury probability.

I read what I write......  try and keep up.

Brown's making them franchise him and not signing the deal, but also not showing up until September, and that's making them look bad, causing drama, and not getting the team to have valuable reps with him, which it's not like they can do much.

Brown didn't 'make' the steelers FT him, that was a foregone conclusion months ago. Like any other player in this situation, the hope was to reach a long term deal before the deadline, but it didn't happen. So the Steelers are now paying him less than what they would be if he would have accepted their offer. The conventional wisdom, even on these boards, is the steelers would only look bad, in this case, if they HAD paid him what he wanted. They didn't, and most would agree, rightly so. What little I've seen on Sports Center, NFL Channel, etc, is that he's back with the team, and now that preseason is over, they're glad to have him back. They know the business. Most veterans would have gladly skipped preseason too if they had the opportunity. You think Edelman and others wish they could have skipped preseason? He'll be starting on Sunday...bank on it.  Will he get hurt? Maybe. Just like every other player in the NFL might get hurt.

So yeah, you're wrong about that. 

lol.......  he didn't "make them"?  what do you call not signing a more-than-fair contract?  What do you call holding out?  

If it was a foregone conclusion that he'd play under the franchise tag, then why were they even trying to negotiate a long-term deal.  Bell didn't want to play under the franchise tag and forced the Steelers hand by franchise tagging him.

Every other player in the NFL doesn't get hurt like Bell does and doesn't have glass knees.

I'm absolutely right about that.

The Steelers are holding him captive by franchise tagging him and not allowing him any other options.

He absolutely does have other options. He has the option to not play for the team at all. Strictly his choice. Keep in mind that the franchise tag is something that was voted on and agreed to by the players at the last CBA.

He could have signed a VERY lucrative deal and been set for life, but he turned it down in favor of the tag. His choice. So no, they are in no way 'holding him captive'. It was his choice.

So you're wrong about that, too

Did Bell specifically agree on the franchise tag?

But the deal wasn't what he thought he deserved, and that's why they're holding him captive.  If every player in the NFL accepted offers the team thought was fair, there would never be any contract disputes.

He's being held captive from making what he thinks he's worth.
So no, I'm 100% right.

(09-06-2017, 07:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You are simultaneously the only person on this board that needs an explanation and the only one who would refuse to accept it once given.
You keep saying that while refusing to give any explanation.
I don't buy explanations that can be easily refuted or that don't make any sense.  Steelers fans, on the other hand, eat anything their fed without questioning the credibility or quality, as long as it shines a positive light on the Steelers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - BFritz21 - 08-31-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - BMK - 09-05-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - BMK - 09-06-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - CJD - 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - BMK - 09-06-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: Le'Veon Bell Wants 17 MILLION! - BFritz21 - 09-06-2017, 08:20 PM