Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo
(09-07-2017, 09:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Draft picks after round 4 in my opinion are a huge crap shoot. the % who end up as starters is extremely low. So I like the idea of 11 picks versus 7 picks. It allows us to see more guys in camp and then make a decision. If 5 of 7 guys make a team, the draft % success is 71.4%. If 8 guys make the team out of 11, the draft success is a little higher at 73% and you get 8 players versus 5 in this scenario.

OR... 7 picks instead of 11, and then you grab/retain yourself some proven NFL talent in FA. Andrew Whitworth vs JJ Dielman, Jeremy Maclin vs Paul Dawson, Reggie Nelson vs Mason Schreck, etc. That shouldn't be a tough choice.

(09-07-2017, 09:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But...if the hit rate is that low on guys after Round 4...and I agree with you that it's low...would it hurt to lose a guy who was pretty good to free agency and sign a replacement in free agency foregoing the compensatory pick?

Someone posted the compensatory picks we've gotten under Lewis. I don't believe that a single one was ever a starter.

So we're losing starters and not replacing them in free agency basically to get a special teamer.

Made that list, and actually there were two players who were starters, but they were from the '04 and '07 drafts (Landon Johnson and Chinedum Ndukwe).

They weren't very good, yet they are both still the extreme exceptions to that list. 23 comp picks under Lewis. Those two started a combined 84 games. 3 of the picks are from this year. The other 18 picks started a combined 19 games. When Andre Caldwell (14 of those 19 starts) is the third best on your list, your list sucks. Lol

20 comp picks under Marvin (sans 2017) spent a total of 32 years on the Bengals (I counted partial seasons as a season), being active for 350 games, and starting 103 of them. The 17 picks not named Landon Johnson, Chinedum Ndukwe, or Andre Caldwell spent a total of 20 years on the Bengals, being active for 182 games, starting 5 of them.
-18 never started a full seasons total worth of games in their Bengals career.
-16 never started more than 1 game in their Bengals career.
-14 never started a single game in their Bengals career.
-8 were never even active for a single game in their Bengals career.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo - McC - 09-07-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo - J24 - 09-06-2017, 09:04 PM
RE: Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo - J24 - 09-06-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo - TheLeonardLeap - 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: Bengals claim DT Christian Ringo - J24 - 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM