Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad boys, bad boys...watcha gonna do?
(09-07-2017, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm merely sharing the story.

This level of disingenuousness is why I, and many others, have so little respect for your opinions.

Quote:There probably should have been some form of investigation to see if this was a pattern with the officer...but he took the easy way out instead.

Let's see, on one hand you can go through an investigative process, fueled by media outrage (read up on negative outcome bias) and possibly be fired and lose your benefits.  On the other hand you can retire and not deal with all that bullshit and secure your pension and benefits.  Seems to me the "easy way out" is actually the smart way out.  Of course, the really smart way out is to not say something so insanely stupid in the first place.

Quote:I do wonder about someone getting full retirement benefits even if they are fired.  Is that fired for *any* reason?  If so they have a GREAT union.

No, if you are fired for cause you do not get your benefits in many (most?) instances, hence the smart move being to retire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad boys, bad boys...watcha gonna do? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-07-2017, 11:38 AM