Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality of the NFL and 1st Round and Draft Picks
(09-07-2017, 12:31 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Temper expectations?   We want some of our 1st round picks to contribute in year one, in area the teams has needs for contribution.

No one ever said all draft picks should be contributors or stars.   It is pointless to even argue against it, because it's such an illogical and fake sentiment. 

It would be like me going to the Reds board and chastising fans for wanting 5 20 games winners to comprise the rotation -  Just to 'set expecations'

From seeing some people's reactions to Jake Elliott, JJ Dielman, and Brandon Wilson getting cut (not just on here but across other sites), you may find some people (secretly) do hope/expect all draft picks to be contributors.

For me, I've always expected our edge rushers to get the most involvement early, Mixon to eventually become the primary RB (but not for the first few games of the season at least), and John Ross to play a complimentary role as a rookie. Once LaFell is off the team, I expect Ross to get more snaps and production.
I think Josh Malone is at least a couple years away from contributing much at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reality of the NFL and 1st Round and Draft Picks - ochocincos - 09-07-2017, 12:37 PM