Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outstanding warrants being arrested and no sex predators at Hurricane Irma shelters
(09-07-2017, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/06/27/good-question-where-does-traffic-ticket-money-go/

Sure, partially, but tickets are a stupidly large generator of money each year ($60m in Minneapolis' county in 2013). Now do I agree with the system? No. But until it changes, the fact is it does indeed pay for a lot of things, and it's illegal to not pay them.

The reality is you are talking about life and death situations. I am telling you right now, a family of someone with a warrant who dies because they were scared to go to a shelter will be paid by Polk county after settling out of court. It isn't even legal what they are claiming they are going to do. If they try to do this an arrest those who don't comply you will be looking an even more money wasted. This to me appears to be a publicity stunt by the sheriff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outstanding warrants being arrested and no sex predators at Hurricane Irma shelters - Au165 - 09-07-2017, 03:02 PM