Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-11-2015, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Corporations make every decision to maximize profit.  If you don't realize that then you are just naive.  

Your problem is that they are doing something that you do not agree with.  You think it is fine for you to force them to do business the way you want them to, but anything other than that is unacceptable.

No one is forcing Target to do anything.  They are doing this to increase their profit.  It is advertising that will attract people who like their decision.  You are just crying because the free market does not agree with you.

You must really be naïve cause your statement is false.

Companies do not always make every decision to maximize profit. Sometimes they build good will with-in their community, or make charitable contributions to little leagues with the goal of nothing in return other than doing good things.

Research showed them that: people want the toys identified by Brand, Age and Gender (in no specific order). And that is how the set it up, until someone complained about it and made a big deal about something stupid because they felt offended.

The only thing I am forcing Target to do is KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Make it easy for me to find what I'm looking for or I will go elsewhere.

NO the weren't forced per say, but they were pressured into making a change that went against all of their research. They were pretty much put between a rock and a hard place by the internet trolls and their reaction was knee jerk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Mike M (the other one) - 08-11-2015, 04:13 PM