Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If Marijuana Was To Become Legal
(09-09-2017, 07:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I found your claim interesting, and so read a couple of papers I found on Google Scholar about it. Very interesting stuff that cannabinoids have shown evidence of increasing neurogenesis in rats. I think a lot of concerns about marijuana are that in the form it is typically used, it does impact the lungs in a very similar way as cigarette smoking does. Any time vegetable matter burns, it will leave a tar residue. There is also potential that it impacts the heart muscles and potentially weakens them (Bonz, A., Laser, M., Küllmer, S., Kniesch, S., Babin-Ebell, J., Popp, V., ... & Wagner, J. A. (2003). Cannabinoids acting on CB1 receptors decrease contractile performance in human atrial muscle. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology, 41(4), 657-664.), and that is just the same compound that increases neurogenesis, not the tar.

There is definitely a lot of potential for medical marijuana use, but the issue at hand is that the restrictions on it put in place by the government have really prohibited thorough study on the effects. I think before it is used as a treatment for anything, we need to look further into it. Just my two cents.

That's why I use a vaporizer  ThumbsUp

I really don't drink much anymore because I typically just vape which gives a better feeling, doesn't make my ass HUGE, and the overall impact it has on improving brain function.

As far as the lungs go, vaping doesn't harm them and the THC can actually prevent cancer from forming.

There are many worse things for people than weed that are completely legal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Marijuana Was To Become Legal - BFritz21 - 09-09-2017, 07:59 PM