Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years...
I heard all offseason people saying we got better because we drafted 2 new shiny skill-players in Ross and Mixon. I hear we made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years.

Well, most of our core left and we haven't replaced them with quality players.

Our 2 best offensive lineman left. We replaced them with 2 inferior players. Fact: 4 out of our 5 starting lineman are backups on most playoff teams.

We've done a decent job replacing our WR's that left...so I won't harp on the Sanu and Jones losses.

Reggie Nelson left. Replaced with a run stuffing safety who isn't great against the pass at this point. This has caused Iloka to be less effective.

Peko left. Replaced with Billings who just isn't as good. Maybe one day he will be good, but not now.

It was VERY EASY to see this coming. Most of the people on this message board think the young guys that the Bengals draft are going to step in and be Superstars. That just isn't the case. You're getting sold on useless PR.

And to think that some people on these boards actually think the Bengals have some great strategy that other teams are following. There is no model. The model is to replace guys that want a lot of money with unproven or young guys who cost less...or washed up free agents on 1 year deals. Then, draft a guy who won't play much Year 1 who will replace a veteran who costs a lot in 2-3 years. Rinse. Repeat.

We had a Top 5 roster in the NFL for a season or two...and instead of addressing a couple of the weaknesses on those rosters...they saved money looking at this season. HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT?

Hey atleast the Bengals have cap space to keep this group together!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years... - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2017, 05:57 PM