Poll: Are you surprised by the o line in week 1
Yes completely shocked
I thought they would at least scheme around it somehow
No, not at all.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is actually surprised by what they saw week 1?
(09-10-2017, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I completely expected the Bengals to lose.  Not just lose, but lose bad, and they did.

So many on here were so caught up in all the "hype" over players like Ross, Malone, and Mixon.  I've seen plenty of daydreamers posting about how John Ross and Malone were going to "take the top off of defenses".  Really?  They didn't even suit up today.  And then the Joe Mixon fans with how he was going to cure all that was wrong with our rushing attack.  Really? 9 yards on 8 carries.  Nice work, Joe.  Many of those same daydreamers vehemently defended the "progress" of the likes of Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher.  How did they do today?

I made my negative thoughts public, in a post a couple days back.  Some were surprised.  Listen up folks, I've been watching the Bengals since I was 7.  That was 41 years ago.  I've seen many Bengals teams, gotten excited over fools gold a few times, and rooted with all my heart in years that I was convinced that they were the real deal.

This ain't one of those years...
I watched the Bills game with friends up here, recorded this one. I haven't felt right about them all year, hence my scant presence on here. I really can't put my finger on it, but like Sunset; it's a feeling you get after many years of watching Bengals teams, I just wasn't "feeling it" coming into the season. I did watch Whitworth and his team look great, albeit against the lowly Colts. And they say a new coach can't make a difference? Young guy was TALKING to his players every time they came off the field, and the whole team was up and ready to play! The downside of that, is we did get rid of Marvin, he would probably be replaced with somebody already on the staff, which would fix nothing. Reserving anymore judgement until I actually watch this train wreck for myself, if I can make it through it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is actually surprised by what they saw week 1? - Bengalsrob - 09-10-2017, 09:14 PM