Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVERY Team is happy about their draft class
(09-11-2017, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You totally missed my point. I stated nowhere in there that the guys drafted this year were direct replacements for the offensive line.

They drafted Ced and Fisher to replace Whitworth and Smith and those players flopped and they refused to use free agency.

Then fans were all on the Mixon is so great he doesn't need blocking...and we have so much speed at WR with John Ross that no team will be able to stop our offense hype train.

We've lost Sanu, Jones, Nelson, Zeitler, Peko, and Whitworth over the past 2 years and the guys we've replaced them with have been lesser players everywhere but WR.

No, I get it. Didn't miss a thing, but I don't think any fan comes to expect anything from rookies. And no one was banging the drums saying cedO would be able to replace whit. Or smith would replace worker.

EVERYONE , save for a handful, saw OL as a a huge concern all offseason.

And our Defense was still good towards the end of last year so while a downgrade from Nelson to Williams. I'm not sure it's as noticeable as the OL. And peko, by all accounts was bad, one of the worst in the league. So I think we give billings and the others a few games to see what we have.

The strategy really hasn't been all bad except for OL. Clearly you will have a regression initially, But hopefully that player increases production as games/years go by.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: EVERY Team is happy about their draft class - Bengalbug - 09-11-2017, 12:03 PM