Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The competition with regard to the offensive line
(09-12-2017, 10:04 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The.Ravens probably have top 5 defense.  Suggs may be 35 he didn't look it  Remember how Geno didn't look right the year after he got injured. Now hes back to his dominant self. You could say the same about Suggs. Another point I would like to point out is with a younger oline it takes 4 to 6 weeks to gain cohesion. It's ok to be concerned about Offensive line. I don't believe its time to panic just yet.

The truth is that the most Experienced Offensive lineman we have that was also drafted at the highest portion of a Draft was not starting last week.

That lineman is Andre Smith, drafted 6th overall and 5 years younger than Whitworth.

I don't think Andre Smith has been beaten out by anyone. Instead, I think he has just been pushed aside by Paul Alexander so a younger player can be developed.

Not playing the better, more experienced player, so a youngster that Paul thinks he can mold can play.

I'm not saying that Andre is a Stud but he is head and shoulders more experienced than the guys he is watching play from the sidelines. Given his experience and girth, I think Andre would have done a better job with Suggs than Cedric did or a better job at Guard.

In no way a long term fix but Andre Smith should have been on the field in my opinion, given the options we have on the roster.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The competition with regard to the offensive line - depthchart - 09-12-2017, 01:31 PM