Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF Palmer doesn't blow out his knee against Pittsburgh...
(09-12-2017, 01:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don't think so. Even without Palmer, we still lead that game 17-14 heading into halftime. Then the typical Primetime/playoff/Steeler Marvin Lewis collapse reared its ugly head in the second. True, you can argue that Kitna struggled but the entire team (especially Bresnahan's defense) completely fell apart. That was a team loss, and I don't think even a healthy 2005 Carson Palmer could win a Marvin Lewis playoff game.

Yep.

We scored 10 unanswered points in the first quarter then Pittsburgh score a touchdown in the 2nd but we answered back with another touchdown. After that we pretty much went flat.

Quote:But the sad truth is, we'll never know. That injury was the beginning of the end of Carson Palmer's potentially great career in Cincinnati. Could Carson have been good enough to get us over the hump despite questionable coaching (a la Peyton Manning in Indianapolis)? Again, we'll never truly know. Honestly, it's quite depressing to even think about.

I actually disagree. I don't thonk the injury was the beginning of the end for Palmer. I think Marvin Lewis was. Palmer ended up having his greatest career season with the Cardinals who I would say was on par with the Bengals talent wise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF Palmer doesn't blow out his knee against Pittsburgh... - Matt_Crimson - 09-12-2017, 04:19 PM